Thursday, January 21, 2010

Wednesday September 30, 2009 Shortly afterward


So just a quick update:


Over the past week and a half I have built two bookshelves, two chairs, and a kitchen table, gotten groceries, all kitchen supplies, organizational supplies, and cleaning supplies.

When I arrived at the apartment in the basement, there was a bed, a recliner, a tv, a stove, refrigerator, and sink, a washer and dryer, a bathroom, a vacuum whose hose attachment doesn't function, lots of garbage, lots of old weight loss drinks, 2 red cracked plates, 2 bowls, a spoon, a steak knife, and 2 forks.

Everything smelled like rotted mice corpses, everything was covered in spider webs and mouse turds, and under the sink there was a worse smell coming from the unsealed cover at the base of the pipes.

I quickly realized that I had no cleaning supplies and the vacuum didn't function in a very helpful way for getting the nastiness off the top shelves of the closet.

Over the next couple days, with the help of Kathy Jandric and my mom, I got ammonia and baking soda and some food. I tore up a towel into rags and got to work. I found half (yes half) of a mouse in the closet and found out that the smell under the sink was in fact deadly sewer gas and needed to be sealed immediately (my dad was happy that I hadn't died yet from it).


Anyway, after talking to the private banking representative from wells fargo as well as the real estate assistant vice president from wells fargo, I got a credit card and stocked the kitchen and bought the furniture, got the okay to find cabinets for the kitchen, and got the deadly under sink problem solved. Now though I am not completely moved in, the apartment smells good and is clean and even starting to look more like a home every day (just wait till I hang up the artwork :) ).


Praise the Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment