Saturday, April 3, 2010

New outlet for creativity: Gardening! and old ones...

In other news, I have taken up gardening. I planted so many seeds and still have so many more to plant in the ground in May. I started out having two shelves with fluorescent lights over them...about 18 sq. feet of seedlings. Then I got greedy at Menards one day and ended up with far more seeds. I ended up planting a few of those and decided to plant the others when it is warm enough outside. Well the lights inside are just not as fantastic as the sun, so I have been putting them outside during the day this week and bringing them in for the night. So I took all the bin lids I owned (10) and put my plants on each of them and then carried the 10 lids of plants out and in every day.

Anyway, i'm gonna have a major garden out back if all goes well with tons of herbs and vegetables (including green onions that I will be able to pick throughout the summer) and tons of flowers! I am super excited.

Other creative exploits? Not so much. I have sewn a bit, but never well. I have realized that I am super rusty at sketching and painting and seem to be awful at it. But I do realize that unless I feel the impulse and inspiration, I often am not good at it. Once that inspiration is there, precision in drawing comes back to my fingertips, impatience sets in until I can give it color, and then I can be there for hours, not noticing the time fly by as I focus on the painting. But I haven't felt that impulse for a while...

Well we will see. It always is sudden. and prolonged to many projects. So we'll just see...

No comments:

Post a Comment